How was your long weekend? Mine was great; I went to Boston with my boyfriend to visit some of our friends there, and we packed a ton into the weekend, going to Crane Beach, watching a Red Sox game, and hitting up some of the local bars. Here are some of my favorite snapshots from the weekend (but please keep in mind that, like the good New Yorker I am, I’m not a Red Sox fan—but it was still fun to see Fenway!):
Luckily, we got back around 4:30 p.m. today—so I had time to squeeze in a work out, make my forbidden rice ramen in peanut sauce, and get some things in order before the start of the work week. Here’s what’s on my health and wellness radar for the next few days:
- Make lots of corn on the cob! Did you know that corn is a whole grain? It’s so good this time of year—and I’ll definitely have to try this recipe for how to prepare it in the microwave.
- Be more mindful of my sugar consumption. Love this breakdown on the sweet stuff from The Real Life RD.
- Try this Barry’s Bootcamp-inspired treadmill workout.
- Follow these self-care tips for career-driven people. I especially like the one about listening to your body. Speaking of which, I also want to…
- Make more of an effort to notice when I’ve eaten the right amount. Here are some helpful pointers from Summer Tomato on how to know when you’ve eaten enough.
- Schedule a slow-down day for next weekend. Because it’s so, so important to take a break from constant business at least once in a while.
- Try this yoga move for stress relief.
Have a well-intentioned week!