I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I’ve actually been dealing with a summer cold, but I pretended I didn’t have one because I really, really, really wanted to go with my boyfriend to his boss’s lake house in Connecticut yesterday. It was so fun—and I even tried wake boarding for the first time! Here’s the view of the lake from yesterday:
It looks like something out of a painting, right? SO beautiful. (Maybe I should actually try to paint something based off of this photo…) Today, I tried to rest a bit, got a haircut, and cooked tofu and a bunch of veggies for salads for the upcoming week. It was pretty windy when I took this photo, but it gives a sense of what my style cut looks like:
Unfortunately, I’m still feeling pretty sick (I guess that’s what I get for trying to do water sports this weekend). I’m definitely going to try to load up on sleep the next few days in hopes that it’ll help me kick this cold. Here’s what else is on my radar right now:
- Start training for Women’s Health‘s Run 10 Feed 10 race. I’m going to be using this run-walk training plan to prep for it.
- Make this delicious-looking banana bread mug cake (although I’ll probably be making it with regular flour since I don’t have a gluten intolerance).
- Try this 15-minute morning ritual designed to reduce stress.
- Get moving every day—even if I can only work out for 15 minutes. Love this article on the benefits of short workouts.
- Bookmark these breathing exercises for when I want to relax ASAP.
- Use these tips on how to check in with your body’s hunger cues to figure out if you’re actually hungry.
- Buy some peaches—keeping in mind these peach-shopping pointers.
Have a well-intentioned week!