This weekend has been a fun but busy one for me! I’m currently in Charleston, South Carolina, visiting an old friend (which you may already know if you read about my genius fit traveling tip). We’ve packed in a lot of fun stuff so far this weekend, including shopping on downtown’s King Street and eating at Husk, a local restaurant with a James Beard Award-winning chef. Here’s the yummy catfish that I got for dinner:
Soon, my friend and I are going to head out for the beach—but first I wanted to share some of the links that have me inspired to focus on certain health and wellness goals in the upcoming week:
- Shop at the farmer’s market. How cute would it be to bring one of these iron-on veggie shopping bags there?
- Stop thinking of foods as “healthy” and instead focus on thinking about whether they’re nutritious. This is a great read from Michael Ruhlman on why “healthy” has become a pretty meaningless word.
- Incorporate more after-work sweat sessions into my routine so I can get some extra sleep in the mornings. I’ll be using these tips for how to get a better evening workout.
- Invest in some new lotion so I can try the lotion challenge and practice more self-love and body acceptance.
- …And similarly, not worry about getting a perfect bikini body this summer. I love this post from Running with Spoons about how it’s not worth it to spend so much time and energy striving for something that doesn’t even make you happy.
- Follow these productivity-boosting tips to (hopefully) get out of work earlier this week!
- Make a conscious effort to try to reduce food guilt. Love this post from The Real Life RD about it.
- Do this vitafusion8 workout designed by Keoni Hudoba from the fitness studio Cyc in New York. I tried it out recently, and it will definitely get your heart pumping!
Have a well-intentioned week!