Hi, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the summer solstice! My weekend was exhausting but great; on Friday, I went to a nearby camp with the Girl Scout troop I volunteer with, and we got back home earlier today. We packed tons of activities into the trip, including fishing, arts and crafts, and of course, s’mores making. Here are a few photos:
One of the things I’ll be focusing on this week is catching up on sleep—seven-year-olds aren’t too concerned with making sure they’re quiet in the morning so you can get enough shuteye! Here’s what else is on my health and wellness to-do list this week:
- Get back into a yoga groove and trying this “L” handstand—it looks fun!
- Whip up this yummy-looking watermelon smoothie.
- Try this trick to squeeze all the air out of a Ziplock bag when closing it. Mind blown!
- Tell myself I have the ability to make healthy changes. Research shows that having a sense of self-efficacy is a major factor in whether you’ll accomplish your goals.
- Make an effort to stop bringing home free stuff. I’m feeling inspired after reading this article about reducing clutter on The Happiness Project.
- Experiment with some of the projects on Made with Code. I know this new initiative from Google is designed for girls who are 13-18, but it sounds pretty awesome to learn how to make your own GIF!
- Cook some of these water-rich recipes designed to help you stay hydrated.
Have a well-intentioned week!