This weekend flew by—probably because I had so much stuff to do! I volunteer with a local Girl Scout troop, and we had a meeting on Friday. Then, on Saturday, I helped throw a bridal shower for a friend. And right afterward, I hopped on a bus to Atlantic City to see one of my favorite bands in concert: The Avett Brothers. If you haven’t heard of them, I highly suggest you listen to their music. It’s great—and they’re a ton of fun to see live. Here’s a photo from the show:
After all of that running around, I wasn’t in the mood to do too much schlepping around the city today. I tried to take advantage of the opportunity to get ahead on work a bit since I have a fun challenge coming up: going to a fitness class every day this week! Here’s a brief rundown of what other goals I have right now:
- Start doing a couple of yoga poses when I wake up to begin my day on a good note. On Wednesday, I’m actually doing a poolside yoga class. But on other days, I think I’ll draw inspiration from these five yoga poses to practice first thing in the morning.
- Enjoy some art (according to this article, appreciating art can actually help you stress less).
- Three words: avocado summer rolls. That is all.
- Savor my alone time more. I love this recent Greatist article about different ways to embrace the joy of missing out.
- See The Fault in Our Stars. These quotes from the book have me so pumped to see the movie version.
- Stop stressing about needing to be happy all the time. This post from A Cup of Jo is a good reminder that it’s OK to experience other emotions, too!
- Continue the salad kick I’ve been on lately with this BBQ chicken chopped salad with grilled garlic croutons.
- Download Tiny Beautiful Things to my iPad. I’m really intrigued after reading this article about how women love to give each other this book.
Have a well-intentioned week!