Exciting news: Yesterday, I got on the treadmill for the first time since October! (If you’re just tuning in, I had an injury that sidelined me from running for several months.) I didn’t want to put too much stress on my feet, so I limited myself to a mile—and I made sure to stick to a six-mile-per-hour pace. On the treadmill, this isn’t too hard to do—you just set your speed and stick with that. Still, it helps if you’re listening to songs where the beats coincide (at least roughly) with when you want your feet to hit the ground. And when you’re running outside, listening to the right playlist is even more helpful since it can help you hit the pace you’re aiming for.
1. Florence + The Machine, “Dog Days Are Over”
2. Taylor Swift & Colbie Caillat, “Breathe”
3. EGX, “Everything Is Awesome”*
4. Passenger, “Let Her Go”
5. Beyoncé, “Start Over”
6. Bruno Mars, “It Will Rain”
7. Paramore, “Hallelujah”
8. Katy Perry, “E.T.” (feat. Kanye West)
9. Miley Cyrus, “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”
10. Jack Johnson, “Breakdown”
11. Jason Mraz, “I’m Yours”
*Yes, this song is totally from The Lego Movie. What—it’s catchy!
The playlist lasts 41 minutes, so it’s perfect for an easy four-mile jog. Enjoy!