I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was absolutely jam-packed—I spent part of it in Miami at a bachelorette party and part of it in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area for another friend’s wedding (’tis the season, I guess!). I had a lot of fun, but I’m really looking forward to relaxing as much as possible the next few days. I think I’ll also be eating lighter, fresher meals and avoiding alcohol for several days—I had enough indulgent food and booze this weekend to last me for a while. Here’s what else I have on my health and wellness to-do list this week:
- Make more of an effort to cook on a regular basis—I’m feeling inspired by this article about what Women’s Health‘s food and nutrition editor learned from cooking every day for a month straight.
- …And I think I’ll start by making this gorgeous Vietnamese quinoa salad (pictured above).
- Follow this advice on how to stop making a big deal out of your problems. I don’t know about you, but I have a tendency to blow stressful and/or frustrating situations out of proportion sometimes.
- Focus on eating happy in addition to eating healthfully (because both are important!).
- Sign up for a trampoline-based fitness class. Sounds like it could be really fun!
- Actively spend time anticipating future events that I’m excited about. It’s a tip that happiness researcher Shawn Achor recommends—and luckily I have a trip to London scheduled for September to look forward to!
- Try this thigh-focused yoga sequence. I haven’t done much yoga amid all of my traveling, but I’m looking forward to working it back into my routine.
- Watch lots of Orange is the New Black on June 6 (and beyond). Apparently the second season is supposed to be amazing.
Have a well-intentioned week!