Happy Easter! My boyfriend and I celebrated by having some friend over for brunch. One of them brought over a yummy fruit salad made with watermelon, orange, mint, fennel, and tomato (so good!). And I wanted to experiment with making something from the cookbook Momofuku Milk Bar, so I baked this carrot cake:
Did you do anything special to celebrate? This coming week, I’ll be doing a lot of yoga—I’m taking classes tomorrow and Tuesday (and that’s on top of the classes I already attended today and yesterday). Here’s what else I’ve got on my health and wellness to-do list in the next few days:
- Make a breakfast salad. I love the idea of incorporating more veggies into the first meal of the day, and TheKitchn has some great tips for breakfast salad beginners (that would be me!)
- Give myself a compliment each morning. I was inspired by this article on 20 awesome side effects of practicing self-love
- Add more reps while doing pushups—because this video of a girl who practiced pushups for 100 days is pretty amazing
- Skip the cool-down at the end of my workouts. OK, so I was already doing this—but now I know that science says it’s OK!
- Finish reading Shotgun Lovesongs. I always feel like books enrich my life—even when they’re not necessarily the best I’ve ever read—but this might just be one of the best I’ve ever read!
- Give myself permission to not be perfect. This thought-provoking article explains why letting go of perfectionism may actually help you get closer to perfection (pretty heady, huh?)
- (Mentally) cheer on everyone running the Boston Marathon tomorrow. Love these marathon poster ideas
- Get excited to try the new chicken and vegetarian meatballs Ikea will start offering at its in-store cafes. I used to love getting Swedish meatballs while shopping there…until I realized they contain pork (which I don’t eat—whoops!)
Have a well-intentioned week!