I hope you all had a lovely weekend! My boyfriend and I got bikes, and we had fun riding them around a bit today. Here’s a snapshot of us in our shiny new helmets:
I’m excited for the upcoming week, especially if this beautiful weather holds up. Here’s what I’ve got on my health and wellness radar for the next few days:
- Write an angry letter the next time I’m upset—and purposely not send it
- Wash my hands for 20 to 30 seconds—apparently most of us spend just six seconds on this key task and are creating all sorts of problems because of it
- Try out Pinkberry’s new chocolate chip cookie-flavored froyo!
- Spend some time on the rowing machine at my gym (more on that later this week!)
- Watch the premiere of Game of Thrones tonight—TV gets a bad rap, but I think it’s time we gave it a little credit for its serious mood-boosting abilities
- Experiment with the Google nutrition comparison tool—I’m a huge nutrition nerd and love finding out whether kale is healthier than spinach, brown rice is healthier than quinoa, etc.
- Try making tea with some leaves from the mint plant I got for my birthday
- Download the new book Year of No Sugar: A Memoir by Eve Schaub
- Use this trick to remind myself to eat more mindfully
Have a well-intentioned week!